Website Check – 8 Things You Need for Onsite SEO
As a small Phoenix business, you understand that off-site SEO such as social media and commenting on blogs is important. That said, it is also very important that you don’t forget onsite SEO. This is the SEO that you do on the site itself so that it can gain better ranking. Here are 8 things that your Phoenix SEO agency must remember to include in your onsite SEO strategy.
1. Title tag
– this can easily be called the most important thing you can do for onsite SEO so make sure that it is done on every page.
2. Meta keywords and descriptions
– these are the ones that Google uses to bring up results every time someone does a search using relevant search terms. If Google cannot see them it will leave your website out of search results costing you a lot in the way of leads.
– when it comes to content there are two things that you should be looking at. The first is the content itself – does it make sense? Is it interesting? Does it flow? Google crawlers skim over content in order to assess its quality and if yours is lacking you will lose ranking. The other thing that the content is laid out properly. It should be in short paragraphs that are made up of short sentences. If there are any important phrases bold them out so that crawlers can see them more easily. Also, make sure that you have keywords in the first sentence of the text on each page.
4. Have a URL that describes your business
– If, for instance, your website sells baby clothes you want something like http://domain-name/best-baby-clothes-in-phoenix.com. This tells crawlers what you are about faster so that they can index you faster and for that you are rewarded with ranking. Make sure that each page has a URL that describes the content on it.
5. It is surprising that there are so many websites that don’t show contact information
– his is a loser when it comes to ranking. Remember, it is details such as these that crawlers use to separate good websites from mediocre ones.
6. H1 and H2 tags are also important;
– at a glance crawlers can tell what your website is about, saving them the trouble of having to read through it.
7. Keyword density
– ideally, it should not be more than 5%. Some people think that stuffing keywords will make their websites rank better. In fact, quite the opposite will happen. Because it doesn’t sound natural it will take spiders a longer time to figure out what it is about and for that you will get a lower ranking.
8. Page length and content
– each page should be between 300 and 500 words long and each should have separate information.
If your Phoenix SEO agency implements these tips you should start to see improved rankings.
Get a Free Website SEO Audit Now.
It takes about 45 seconds to learn what your first steps need to be.